Friday, June 12, 2009

Cruz Control!

Okay! Okay! I have been so busy that I have not even blogged about Z37! HA HA! Not really, this kid's our new grandson. I will finally sit down and take the time to blog about Mary having her baby. Talk about a dream pregnancy/delivery/healthy baby experience. She even looked gorgeous after delivery. Cruz Ryan Hernandez is now part of the Crow Clan. He weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces, 19-1/4" born at 7:44 am on June 9th, 2009. His APGAR was 9/9. What a healthy little baby -- and all this at three weeks premature! We are so blessed. Mary's water broke a bit after 11pm the night before and we all headed to Good Sam. After a few hours, Wendell had to get back to milk. Mary wanted me with her during delivery so I got out of the milking chore! Wendell was still milking when Mary delivered Cruz (four contractions) and I called Wendell as he was making his way into this world. Wendell could hear everything and since we didn't know the sex of the baby it made it even more exciting! He heard Mary say "It's a boy!" and then heard his first cries. It was perfect. We are so happy for Mary and Erik.